Saturday, January 08, 2005

The Idaho Statesman

I’ve been talking to an editor at The Idaho Statesman and they’re really interested in running regular ‘soldier’s eye view’ type stories from me. I’m pretty excited about the opportunity to directly tell some of our tales to all the families and friends back home in Idaho. I was also excited to see just how supportive my whole chain of command was here. Everyone up to my Commanding Officer was very excited about it. Things got a little more tricky when we all found out that things needed to be reviewed at a much higher level, up to a Lt. Colonel and then finally the 116th’s commander, a two-star general. Yikes. But they all reviewed the first story, which was about Lilli’s birth, and hardly made a change. That story, with a photo of Sally and Lilli, should hopefully run soon. Another article is already in the works, although the chain of command might look more closely at this and future articles, as they will focus more on our daily lives.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?