Saturday, April 09, 2005

Rumors

The military is rife with rumors, so much so that I learned quickly to ignore them… except that sometimes the rumors (like all those floating around the armory before I left for Basic about us getting deployed to Iraq) are true. Two new rumors here are gaining momentum and have even been reiterated by our First Sgt and the commander here. Although things can change in a heartbeat, they are saying that we might just be out of here in early fall and that we will spend our month ‘de-mobilizing’ in Fort Carson, Colo. If that’s true, there will be a mighty reunion of me with my Colorado friends, spiced liberally with margaritas.

And it looks like I might be getting leave at the end of this month! Fingers crossed…
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?