Monday, June 27, 2005

Microwaves


So our new wireless Internet (which I couldn't sign up for because I was away on leave when 'the guy' came) requires a big, fat satellite dish on the roof of our command post building. The problem is that they placed the dish right behind an Observation Post that we man continuously during our guard shifts, each one of us spending at least an hour per day at that post.

Now, I believe that those dishes send/receive using lots of microwaves, don't they? If that's true, does anyone know if there would be any real danger standing in front of or even nearby one for extended periods of time? I have to ask because just using a standard microwave makes me nervous, much less standing in front of a satellite dish receiver for an hour.
Posted by Hello
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?