Saturday, September 17, 2005

Ch-Ch-Changes

About a week ago, we were riding in the back of a pick-up style Humvee early in the morning, en route to another 'knock and search' mission. I felt this weird sensation on the side of my face, and I couldn't figure out what it was at first. I started to look around for an air conditioning unit, because I just couldn't figure out where this feeling was coming from. I was feeling cold on my face. It was so weird to be outside, feeling cold, actual natural cold(ish) air, not from an AC unit. Of course 'cold' to me was probably in the 70's but I will certainly take it.

A few days later, there was another crazy thing. As dusk approached, I looked up and saw something strange: clouds. I hadn't seen clouds in months but there they were.

These are all just more good signs that the weather is changing. Highs these days are only around 105 degrees (never in my life did I ever think I would use the phrase 'only around 105 degrees') and I now scan the Kirkuk weather website for the next new milestone: the first day predicted with only two-digit highs. Wish me luck.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?